I was born in Galati, Romania, and since than I was living and working in many (Romanian) cities, like Braila, Brasov, Iasi, Tg. Mures or Bacau. For a couples of years I live in Bucharest, and now I work as a computer programmer.
One of my passions is photography, also the principal reason for this photo blog. My first camera was an Russian LOMO SMENA with 40 mm f/4 T-43 lens (film camera) and this was happening in ’80s, when I was about 10 year old. In ’90s I give up somehow photography for many reasons, not worthy to remember them here, until 2001 I believe, when digital cameras was becoming a little bit accessible as price.
I shot what is waken my attention. All my pictures are my points of view about surrounding reality. Lately I moved to sports photography, especially motor-sport, but I shot occasionally landscapes, situations, people, etc.
Meanwhile, I have started to like also to take pictures in an organized environment (so called studio, backgrounds, controlled lights, anything that helps you archive your goal).
Bellow is a list of equipment that I use.
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III camera
- Canon EOS 7D camera
- Canon EOS 3 film camera /w Canon PB-E2 Power Drive Booster
- Sony DSC-H1 P&S camera
- Sony NEX-5
- Moskva 2 /w Industar 23 110mm F/4.5 lens, medium format camera
- 2x Canon 580EX II Speedlite flash gun
- Metz 58 AF-1 flash gun
- 45Ws salve studio flash
- 2x Excella Premier Plus 1000Ws
- Giottos MTL9351B Tripod
- Giottos MH1301-652 Ball Head
- Celestron Omni XLT 150mm @ 750mm & F/5 Newtonian Reflector Telescope
- Cullmann 1003
- Kaiser 5892 Dome Studio
- Glidecam HD4000
- RØDE Videomic
- Cactus V2s Wireless Flash Triggers (modded)
- 2x Wireless Flash Triggers (R+T)
- Various lights modifiers
In the past I was used:
- Canon PowerShot G2
- Canon 400D (or Digital Rebel XTi)
- Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD
- Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II
- Tamron 75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro lens
- Canon EOS 40D camera /w Canon BG-E2N Grip
- SLIK PRO 713CF II Tripod /w SLIK SH-705 Head
Thanks to Tiberiu Crisan, for inspiring me for this blog and not last to one of my uncle for awakening in me the passion for photography when I was very, very young ;).